When you need a place to relax and hit the reset button this fall or winter, there’s nothing better than a Vermont getaway – and there’s truly no better place for that than one of the best hotels in Woodstock, VT, the Jackson House Inn. Our boutique hotel is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or spend a quiet weekend away, reconnecting with your sweetheart or gathering for a friends’ getaway.
Romance is at the heart of what we do here at our Woodstock, VT Hotel. As we continue our gradual slide into winter, there’s never been a better time to plan a Vermont getaway. The charming village of Woodstock is one of the most beautiful and well-regarded small towns in New England. It’s easy to see why, too, with plenty of fantastic shopping, spectacular artisans and makers to visit, excellent restaurants for every foodie, and all the gorgeous rural scenery and outdoor activities you crave in a Vermont getaway.
Enjoying the beautiful town of Woodstock is excellent, but that’s certainly not the only reason to plan a Vermont getaway here. The chance to stay at one of the best hotels in Woodstock, VT is more than enough reason to visit – in fact, we think it’s the best reason to visit! Our Woodstock, VT hotel offers unparalleled hospitality with easy access to the top things to do in Woodstock, VT, allowing you to enjoy your Vermont getaway in whatever way feels best.
There’s a reason we’re rated as one of the best places to stay in Vermont, and we don’t think it will take you long to see it for yourself. Book your getaway at one of the top-rated hotels in Woodstock, VT today!
An Unforgettable Vermont Getaway This Winter
There are plenty of great places to spend a Vermont getaway, but they pale in comparison to our stunning Woodstock, VT hotel. It doesn’t matter the season you visit, as there are always plenty of things to do in Woodstock, VT. However, blanket this rural paradise in a layer of fresh, powdery, white snow and add the magic of the holidays, and the lure of this remarkable place becomes impossible to resist.
With refined and elegant accommodations, it’s easy to see why The Jackson House Inn has a well-earned reputation as one of the top destinations for a romantic Vermont Getaway. We are dedicated to excellence in everything we do and have thoughtfully curated every aspect of the guest experience to ensure you have lasting memories of this special place.
We offer a choice of eleven gorgeous guest rooms to enjoy during your Vermont getaway. With so few people staying here simultaneously and beautiful grounds and common spaces to enjoy, you’ll feel as though you have the place to yourselves. From our fireplace suites to our classic gabled rooms, each guest room is tastefully decorated, adorned with unique works of art, and outfitted with plenty of luxurious touches and high-end amenities – not to mention all the creature comforts of home. It’s far from your grandmother’s B&B.
Food is an integral part of the experience here at the Jackson House Inn. Our culinary team does an outstanding job leading our guests through thoughtfully-designed culinary experiences and showcasing local, organic products wherever possible. This starts with our daily breakfast, often our guest’s favorite part of their Vermont getaway.
Having breakfast made fresh for you every morning is one of life’s simple pleasures, and it’s something we take great pride in offering. Whether you’re a dedicated foodie or just enjoy a delicious meal, we have no doubt you’ll love every bite of our exquisite breakfasts. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are always available with notice, but otherwise, we invite you to savor the creative breakfast experience as presented by our passionate and classically-trained chefs. It’s only made better by the gorgeous surroundings of our dining room and its expansive views of our gardens.
Things to do in Woodstock, VT This Winter
For many couples, a Vermont getaway is about the opportunity to escape the busy schedules and stresses of everyday life. For some, that means finding a cozy and inviting place to curl up and relax for a few days. For others, it means getting out for one adventure after another.
Whichever category you fit into, know an unforgettable Vermont getaway is waiting for you when you choose Jackson House Inn, one of the best hotels in Woodstock, VT. There are so many great things to do in Woodstock, VT in the winter. We’ve compiled a few of our favorites below to help as you start planning your next Vermont getaway.
- There may be nothing more magical than strolling through downtown Woodstock, Vt in the winter. It’s like a scene straight from a snowglobe. With beautiful mountain scenery surrounding us, gorgeous historic architecture throughout, and plenty of shops to pop into as you walk, walking through town is truly one of our favorite things to do in Woodstock, VT.
- Visit some of the leading Vermont makers and artisans in the Woodstock area. Our favorites include Shackleton Thomas Furniture, Farmhouse Pottery, and Simon Pearce.
- Visit the year-round Woodstock Farmers Market, where you can sample a variety of farm-fresh seasonal produce and delicious locally-made products like fresh Vermont cheese.
- As the snow begins to fall, it’s a great time to see gorgeous Vermont covered bridges in the Woodstock area, including the following: Blow Me Down Covered Bridge, Dingleton Hill Bridge, Downers Covered Bridge, Lincoln Covered Bridge, Martins Mill Covered Bridge, Middle Covered Bridge, Quechee Bridge, Taftsville Covered Bridge, Willard Covered Bridge, Windsor-Cornish Covered Bridge.
- Winter is also an excellent time to take a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride at Kedron Valley Stables.
- Strap on a pair of cross-country skis or snowshoes and head outside to explore Woodstock’s winter wonderland. Get started on your adventure at the Nordic Center at the Woodstock Inn or the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park.
- If you’re looking for a little more snow-packed action, we’re close to several of the best Vermont ski resorts, including Killington and Saskadena Six Ski Area (formerly the Suicide Six ski area, but don’t let the name scare you off).
- When you need to take a break and indulge in a bit of pampering, head to The Spa at the Woodstock Inn.
- If you visit in December, don’t miss the Christmas at the Farm events at the Billings Farm and Museum throughout the month or the popular Wassail Weekend from December 9 – 11.
- Enjoy some ice skating at Union Arena nearby for a bit of old-fashioned winter fun. As we get deeper into the winter, outdoor ice skating will also be available at Vail Field Rink in Woodstock Village or nearby Silver Lake State Park.
If you’re ready to enjoy the most beautiful and relaxing Vermont getaway, it’s time to plan ahead and book your room at one of the top-rated hotels in Woodstock, VT.