Policies & Practices
- Daily rates are per room, single or double occupancy, and include a full breakfast. Room rates are subject to Vermont’s Room & Meals tax.
- A two-night minimum stay is required for all peak periods and many weekends. Please contact us for details; occasionally we encounter circumstances during those times when one-night reservations become available.
- Deposits of 50% guarantee a reservation (100% for a one-night request and Dartmouth graduation weekend), but may not be transferable. Call us to review options should a problem arise.
- If you find you must cancel your reservation more than 14* days prior to arrival, you will receive a refund less a $50.00 processing fee. If you cancel within 14* days of arrival, your deposit is non-refundable. *Exceptions: The cancellation period for holidays, the fall foliage season (mid-September through mid-October) and multi-room reservations requires 30 days notice. Dartmouth graduation requires cancellation notice of six months prior to the date of arrival (25% of the deposit is non-refundable). Within six months of graduation arrival, final payments are processed and held unless the reservation can be re-booked at which point we will refund all but the 25% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of check-in date are responsible for full payment for the entire reservation (within 7 days for peak periods and group reservations).
- Decreases in the number of reserved nights are subject to the cancellation policies.
- Early departures will be charged for the entire length of the reservation.
- We will make every attempt to rebook any cancelled reservation and, if able to do so, will honor the most lenient applicable cancellation policy.
On the Property:
- Our rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 guests. Unfortunately, there is no way to provide for any additional guests within a room.
- Our facility (including the grounds) is a non-smoking property.
- We are unable to accommodate guests younger than age 12.
- We cannot accept pets.
- Preferred check-in time is 4:00 – 7:00 PM; however we are happy to arrange times beyond those hours with advance notice. Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
- Fresh-brewed beverages will be available in the main house dining room and the suite wing hallway at approximately 7:15 AM. A freshly-prepared full breakfast (a set menu selected by Rick during visits to local farms and markets) is served in the large dining room in the rear of the property usually at 8:15 or 9:15 AM. Please let us know if you have special timing or dietary needs.
- Wine and beer (and selected cocktails) are available for purchase generally between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00 PM. Our license requires that all alcohol consumed in public spaces (and as you enjoy our outdoor spaces and grounds) must be purchased from and served by a member of the inn staff.
- We hope you appreciate the beauty of our floors and carpets, and graciously ask you to utilize boot trays and mats throughout the property. Our desire is to keep the interior “bootless” if at all possible, particularly during inclement weather.
- We ask that you do not burn candles in our guest rooms. In addition to safety concerns, we have a very sensitive alarm system, and candles are likely to set off the alarm.
- For the comfort and protection of our guests, we have a no smoking and a no pet policy on our property. Guests who violate this policy must be asked to leave and will be charged for their entire reservation. There is a $250 fee charged to reclaim a room to smoke-free and/or pet-free status.
- No daily service charge is added to bills. Gratuities may be left at the guest’s discretion.