Rick’s uniquely inspired breakfasts are the perfect way to begin your Vermont inn experience. Sourcing only the freshest local ingredients as part of the Vermont Fresh Network, each plate will delight from the simple to the most experienced palates. Delicious vegetarian and gluten-free options are always available with notice. Sip a cup of delicious organic Tres coffee blend from Vermont Coffee Company or one of several flavorful organic teas from Two Leaves and a Bud.
First courses regularly include:
- Butterworks Farm organic maple yogurt with pumpkin butter and homemade granola
- Vermont cheese board with fresh fruit
- Melon marinated in lime, ginger and mint
- Pear Almond Challah Toast
A few of Rick’s main courses:
- Local vegetable medley on a root vegetable galette with farm-fresh egg
- Savory Charleston bake with creamy Vermont goat cheese
- Welsh rarebit with local tomatoes and onion
- Hoecakes with pears, sundried tomatoes, bacon and balsamic maple glaze
And, an undeniable favorite is his side dish of sugared bacon with pecans and pepper.
Overlooking the back gardens, the dining room is one of the prized gems of the property. Regardless of the season, the breathtaking view of our gardens and the distant hills is the perfect complement to a breakfast prepared with creativity and passion.