The Jackson House Inn is conveniently situated just off Vermont’s Scenic Byway – US Route 4, The Crossroad of Vermont. Our location, 15 minutes west of the intersection of Interstates 89 and 91, offers easy access to the many attractions and activities of central Vermont and the Upper Valley.
- From the East: Boston (146 mi, 2 hr 45 min), Manchester NH (92 mi, 1 hr 35 min) Take I-93 North. Merge onto I-89 North (crossing into Vermont). Take Vermont Exit 1 (Woodstock). See below.
- From the North: Montreal (192 mi, 3 hr 30 min), Burlington (100 mi, 1 hr 40 min) Take I-89 South to Vermont Exit 1. See below.
- From Hanover NH/Dartmouth (22 mi, 30 min) Take I-91 South to Exit 10N to I-89 North. Take Vermont Exit 1 (Woodstock). See below.
- From Vermont I-89 – Exit 1 Woodstock: Turn left onto Route 4W, continue approx. 10 miles into and through the Village of Woodstock. The Inn is located 1.5 miles west of the Village Green. As you near the inn, you’ll see the entrance to Woodstock Union High School on your left. Take the next right onto Barberry Hill Rd. and then immediately turn left onto Senior Lane. You’ll see the sign for the Inn in front of you, on the right.
- From the West: Albany (130 mi, 2 hr 40 min), Rutland (30 mi, 40 min) Take I-87N to Exit 24 to the Northway section of I-87 N to Exit 20 (north of Albany) onto Route 149E to Route 4N in NY. Take 4N to Whitehall, NY. Turn right onto 4E toward Fair Haven and Rutland, VT. (In Rutland you will be on Rte. 7N for a brief time.) Follow 4E through Rutland, Killington, and Bridgewater. Approximately 3 miles beyond the Bridgewater Mill, you will see the Woodstock Area Jewish Congregation building on your left. The next street intersection is a double left; the hard left is Cox District Road. Take the softer left onto Senior Lane and you will see our sign and building on the left. If you pass the Woodstock Union High School on Rt. 4 on your right, you have gone too far.
- From the South: New York City (270 mi, 5 hr), Hartford (150 mi, 2 hr 30 min) Take I-95N to I-91N. Take Exit 9 in Vermont. Turn left off exit onto route 12N. Continue on route 12N until you reach the blinking yellow light at Rte 4. Turn left onto Route 4W. Travel through the Village Woodstock past the Village Green. Approximately 1.5 miles west of the Village Green, you’ll see the entrance to Woodstock Union High School on your left. Take the next right onto Barberry Hill Rd. and then immediately turn left onto Senior Lane. You’ll see the sign for the Inn in front of you, on the right.