Policies & Practices
- Daily rates are per room, single or double occupancy, and include a full breakfast. Room rates are subject to Vermont’s 9% Room & Meals tax.
- A two-night minimum stay is required for all peak periods and many weekends. Please contact us for details as occasionally we encounter circumstances where exceptions can be made.
- Deposits of 50% guarantee a reservation (100% for a one-night request and Dartmouth graduation weekend), but are not transferable.
- If you find you must cancel your reservation more than 14* days prior to arrival, you will receive a refund less a $50.00 cancellation fee. If you cancel within 14* days of arrival, your deposit is non-refundable. *Exceptions: The cancellation period for holidays and the fall foliage season (September 20 – October 20, 2013) requires 30 days notice. Dartmouth graduation requires cancellation notice of six months prior to the date of arrival.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of check-in (4PM on date of check-in) are responsible for full payment for the entire reservation. We will make every attempt to rebook the room and, if able to do so, will honor a more lenient cancellation policy.
- Early departures will be charged for the entire length of the reservation.
On the Property:
- Our rooms accommodate a maximum of two guests. Unfortunately, there is no way to provide for any additional guests within a room.
- Our facility (including the grounds) is a non-smoking property.
- We are unable to accommodate guests younger than age 12.
- We cannot accept pets.
- Preferred check-in time is 4:00 – 7:00 PM; however we are happy to arrange times beyond those hours with advance notice. Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
- Fresh-brewed beverages will be available in the main house dining room and the suite wing hallway at approximately 7:15 AM. A full set menu breakfast is served in the large dining room in the rear of the property between 8:30 and 9:30 AM. Please let us know if you have special timing or dietary needs.
- Wine and beer (and selected cocktails) are available for purchase in our bar, generally between the hours of 4:00 and 8:00 PM.
- We hope you appreciate the beauty of our floors and carpets, and graciously ask you to utilize boot trays and mats throughout the property, particularly during inclement weather. Our desire is to keep the interior “bootless” if at all possible.
- We ask that you do not burn candles in our guest rooms. In addition to safety concerns, we have a very sensitive alarm system, and candles may set off the alarm.
- For the comfort and protection of our guests, we have a no smoking and a no pet policy on our property. Guests who violate this policy must be asked to leave and will be charged for their entire reservation. There is a $250 fee charged to reclaim a room to smoke-free and/or pet-free status.
- No daily service charge is added to bills. Gratuities may be left at the guest’s discretion.